Looking for the Best Rhinoplasty Surgeon in NYC?
- Posted on: Sep 1 2017
Rhinoplasty is one of the most popular types of facial plastic surgery, but if you’re considering this procedure, it’s important to find the right surgeon.
In this blog, Dr. Thomas Romo III of Romo Plastic Surgery explains how to find the best rhinoplasty surgeon in NYC.
What is rhinoplasty?
Rhinoplasty is surgery that’s performed to change the shape of your nose. It can be done to change the way your nose looks, to look more natural and aesthetically pleasing.
What should you consider when you’re thinking about rhinoplasty?
The following are some things you’ll want to research when you’re selecting a rhinoplasty surgeon in NYC:
- Board Certification – Surgeons who have earned board certification have completed an accredited residency program as well as an oral and written exam specific to the specialty.
- Specialties – Surgeons often have a particular interest in and skill in performing certain procedures. A facial plastic surgeon whose specialties include rhinoplasty may have more experience with this type of surgery.
- Professional reputation – Ask friends who have had a rhinoplasty who performed their surgery and what their experience was like. You can also look at online reviews. Consider any awards a surgeon has received, such as those from professional organizations.
- Academic standing – Participating in respected professional organizations such as the American College of Surgeons, as well as state and medical societies, demonstrates that a surgeon is involved in serving the public interest. He or she may have also published articles in peer-reviewed journals or developed techniques or tools to help advance surgeons’ ability to skillfully perform rhinoplasties.
- Before-and-after pictures – Skilled surgeons take pride in their work and should be happy to show you before-and-after photos of patients. Look at photos of patients with issues similar to your own as well as those who have other problems, so you can judge your surgeon’s range of experience.
- The quality of your consultation – A consultation with a surgeon gives you a great deal of information. Do you feel at ease, and does the surgeon listen to your concerns and goals? Does he or she spend enough time thoroughly explaining the procedure and answering any questions you may have, or do you feel rushed?
What is involved?
Afterward, you may have swelling and bruising, and your potential downtime may be from 10 to 14 days, although you may be able to return to work after 7 days.
Why Dr. Romo?
Dr. Romo is double board-certified and has more than 25 years of experience in facial and plastic reconstructive surgery. He’s also the Director of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery at two major hospitals in NYC. In addition, Dr. Romo has published six new surgical techniques for rhinoplasty in a peer-reviewed journal.
Known for his artistry and skill as well as his compassionate, patient-centered care, he has also received a myriad of honors and rewards.
If you’d like to learn more about rhinoplasty or other procedures, make an appointment today for a consultation with Dr. Romo.
Posted in: Rhinoplasty