Botox Injections in NYC
What is Botox?
Botox is an FDA-approved treatment for wrinkles that is injected into facial muscles to target one of the underlying causes of frown lines and crow’s feet – repeated muscle contractions in the face. Muscle contractions occur constantly with facial movements including frowning and squinting. Botox is consistently one of the most popular non-surgical cosmetic procedures performed each year.
What results can Botox achieve?
Botox may be used to:
- Stop the muscle contractions in the face that cause wrinkles, with results that last for several months
- Noticeably erase fine lines and wrinkles from the face
- Smooth or eliminate crow’s feet and frown lines
Am I a candidate for Botox?
Botox may be recommended for patients of both genders facing one or more of the following aesthetic concerns:
- Moderate to severe fine lines around the eyes
- Moderate to severe fine lines in the forehead
- Lines on the face in between the eyebrows (frown lines)
- Wrinkles and signs of aging in the face
In some cases, Dr. Romo may recommend the use of Botox in conjunction with dermal fillers, such as Radiesse, Voluma, Restylane, Juvederm or Sculptra, in order to provide more natural-looking and youthful results.
What does getting Botox involve?
If you are considering Botox, it’s important to understand that while it is not a surgical procedure, having Botox injections done at a salon or other non-medical environment by someone who is not a board-certified professional is not advisable. You may be putting your health at risk. A top facial plastic surgeon will be able to provide the specialized technique and careful placement necessary in order to achieve the best and most natural-looking results.
Here’s an overview of what you can expect when getting Botox in NYC:
- Botox injections may be performed with local anesthesia or a numbing cream
- The procedure is not painful, but it may produce some minimal discomfort
- Injections can take anywhere from a few minutes to 20 minutes to complete
- Dr. Romo will first select the appropriate injection points and mark them
- Botox is then injected into the marked points beneath the skin
- You can resume your normal activities right away
- You may be advised to stay out of the sun
Where can I find the best facial plastic surgeon for Botox in NYC?
Thomas Romo III, MD, FACS is one of the most experienced and respected facial plastic surgeons in the world, known for his meticulous minimally invasive surgical techniques and for achieving the most natural-looking results for his patients. As a world-renowned innovator in surgical methods as well as an inventor of new endoscopic instruments for facial surgery, Dr. Romo’s practice draws patients from New York City, across the United States, and internationally for all of their surgical and non-surgical facial cosmetic needs.
If you are interested in learning more about Botox or other procedures Dr. Romo performs, call our office today at 212-288-1500. You can also schedule a consultation with Dr. Romo by filling out our appointment request form. You deserve to look and feel your best, so don’t hesitate to contact us today!