Rhinoplasty (Nose Job) Surgery in NYC
What is a rhinoplasty?
Rhinoplasty, also known as nose surgery or a nose job, is a cosmetic procedure that is performed to change the appearance of the nose. Contemporary rhinoplasty has undergone several changes over the past two decades. Most rhinoplasty surgeries used to be performed as purely reduction surgeries; cartilage and bone were cut away and the natural skin would then “shrink-wrap” down to the smaller framework. In the past, however, too much cartilage and bone were often removed, which commonly resulted in noses that were too small, upturned, or looked pinched. Sometimes the nose job surgery would even interfere with the natural architecture of the nose and cause breathing difficulties.
To prevent this, Dr. Thomas Romo III, top rhinoplasty (nose job) surgeon in NYC, developed a unique rhinoplasty technique called reduction structured rhinoplasty, which creates a natural-looking nose that maintains proper breathing function.
What results can a rhinoplasty achieve?
Rhinoplasty may be used to:
- Reshape or resize a large or non-symmetrical nose (also known as reduction rhinoplasty)
- Refine the shape of a nose
- Remove a bump in the nose
- Straighten a twist in the nose
- Change the angle between the nose and the mouth
- Correct nasal problems that affect breathing
- Correct a nose or facial fracture from an injury or accident
- Correct a broken nose that was not set properly, resulting in asymmetry
- Revise a previous rhinoplasty (also known as revision rhinoplasty)
- Build up the size of a small or flat-shaped nose (also known as augmentation rhinoplasty or ethnic rhinoplasty)
Depending on a patient’s needs and desired results, Dr. Romo may also recommend another cosmetic surgery in conjunction with a rhinoplasty, such as a chin implant, in order to help balance the facial proportions. In some cases, a rhinoplasty may also be performed at the same time as a medical surgery, such as surgical repair of a deviated septum (called a septoplasty) or surgery for severe or recurring sinus disease.
VISIT BEFORE & AFTER GALLERY FOR WOMEN
VISIT BEFORE & AFTER GALLERY FOR MEN
VISIT BEFORE & AFTER GALLERY FOR CHILDREN
Am I a candidate for a rhinoplasty?
The nose is a defining feature of the face that can greatly impact the facial profile and proportions, especially if it is too large, too small, or if it is non-symmetrical in shape. A nose job may be recommended for patients whose nose is at full maturity, typically at around 14 years of age or older.
Reasons for undergoing a rhinoplasty may include:
- Achieve better balance of the facial features
- Make the face more symmetrical
- Build a better facial profile
- Achieve a noticeable change in facial silhouette
- Help the patient gain confidence in facial appearance
What does a rhinoplasty involve?
Before surgery, Dr. Romo uses advanced computer imaging to illustrate how a patient’s nasal appearance can be improved through rhinoplasty. This will allow you to see how your nose will look following surgery.
Here’s an overview of what you can expect during a rhinoplasty procedure:
- The procedure will last from 3‒5 hours, depending on the complexity
- When performed in conjunction with other procedures, the surgery time may vary
- You will be given an anesthetic so you will not feel any pain during the procedure
- You may have some swelling and bruising after the procedure
- Recovery and potential downtime can range from 10‒14 days, although most patients can return to work in about a week
- Scars are minimal and located either within the nose or under the tip of the nose to conceal visibility
Why choose Dr. Romo for your rhinoplasty?
Dr. Romo is a pioneer in the field of rhinoplasty, with extensive experience in performing many different forms of nose job procedure, including revision rhinoplasty and ethnic rhinoplasty. He also provides rhinoplasty for teenagers. Dr. Romo developed an innovative technique called reduction structured rhinoplasty, a breakthrough approach that does not over-reduce the nasal architecture. In addition, this approach involves strengthening the residual support structures within the nose through the grafting of septal cartilage or implants.
Dr. Romo is currently in the process of working with the world-renowned Karl Storz Instruments to develop his own line of endoscopic instruments for rhinoplasty that work with greater precision and provide more natural results with less downtime. Dr. Romo has written numerous books and book chapters on his unique rhinoplasty approach and frequently lectures internationally, teaching his techniques to other surgeons.
Where can I find the best rhinoplasty surgeon in NYC?
Thomas Romo III, MD, FACS is one of the most experienced and respected plastic surgeons for rhinoplasty in the world, known for his meticulous minimally invasive surgical techniques and for achieving natural-looking results with a shorter recovery period. As a world-renowned innovator in surgical methods as well as an inventor of new endoscopic instruments for facial surgery, Dr. Romo’s practice draws patients from New York City, across the United States, and internationally for all of their surgical and non-surgical facial cosmetic needs.
If you are interested in learning more about rhinoplasty, rhinoplasty for children, revision rhinoplasty, ethnic rhinoplasty, or other procedures Dr. Romo offers, call our office today at 212-288-1500. You can also schedule a consultation with Dr. Romo by filling out our appointment request form. You deserve to look and feel your best, so don’t hesitate to contact us today!