Juvederm Dermal Fillers in NYC
What Is Juvederm?
Juvederm is an FDA-approved dermal filler that is used to erase wrinkle lines and add fullness to specific areas of the face. Depending on your needs, Dr. Romo will recommend the appropriate type and brand of dermal filler to address your age-related facial concerns or desired facial changes. Juvederm is made with hyaluronic acid, which is naturally found in the body. This acid works with collagen and elastin to add volume and support to the skin in desired areas of treatment. The full family of Juvederm fillers offered by NYC’s Romo Plastic Surgery includes: Juvederm Ultra XC, Juvederm Voluma XC, Juvederm XC, and Juvederm Vollure XC.
What Can Juvederm Treat?
Juvederm may be used to:
- Noticeably smooth wrinkles and signs of aging in the face
- Fill in deep creases from the nose to the corners of the mouth (nasolabial folds)
- Plump up thin lips
Who Is a Good Candidate for Juvederm?
Juvederm filler injections may be recommended for patients of both genders facing one or more of the following aesthetic concerns:
- Overall loss of youthful contour and volume in the face
- Hollowed out places in the face
- Sagging facial skin
- Deep nasolabial folds
- Wrinkles and signs of aging in the face
- Thin lips
Before and After
Juvederm Injectable Products
Juvederm produces a number of products specially crafted to target specific problem areas. During your consultation, Dr. Romo will evaluate you carefully and help you choose which product is right for you.
- Juvederm Ultra XC – Used to treat thinning lips and add volume and shape to the face and mouth area.
- Juvederm Volbella – Treats vertical lines on the lips while smoothing the skin and adding volume.
- Juvederm Voluma – Adds volume and lift to the cheek and jowl area of the face.
- Juvederm XC – Treats moderate to severe lines and wrinkles around the nose and mouth. Results can last up to one year.
- Juvederm Vollure XC – Softens and smooths moderate to severe frown lines and wrinkles. Results of this treatment can last up to 18 months.
Juvederm Injections Procedure
If you are considering Juvederm, it’s important to understand that while it is not a surgical procedure, having dermal fillers done at a salon or other non-medical environment by someone who is not a board-certified professional is not advisable. You may be putting your health at risk. A top facial plastic surgeon will be able to provide the specialized technique and careful placement necessary in order to achieve the best and most natural-looking results.
Here’s an overview of what you can expect when getting Juvederm in NYC:
- Dermal fillers are injected through a small needle under the skin
- Juvederm injections contain anesthetic for patient comfort
- Dr. Romo will first select the appropriate injection points and mark them
- Results are immediate
- There is no downtime and you can resume your normal activities right away
- Both these products are in-office procedures that take the time of a regular visit to perform
- Results may last from 6 months to 1 year, depending on the product
- Dermal fillers provide results with high patient satisfaction
Juvederm vs Restylane
Different dermal fillers, even those made by the same company, have different uses and the most appropriate option for your needs is something Dr. Romo will be able to determine at your initial consultation.
- Its main ingredient is hyaluronic acid, which is naturally occurring in the body
- There are several products in the Restylane line, including Perlane
- Dr. Romo will be able to determine the best Restylane product for your needs, depending on your desired results
- Only Restylane, Restylane Silk, and Restylane-L may also be used for the lips
- Without repeat injections, Restylane and Restylane Silk last up to 6 months
- Its main ingredient is modified hyaluronic acid
- There are several products in the Juvederm line, including Voluma
- Dr. Romo will be able to determine the best Juvederm product for your needs, depending on your desired results
- Juvederm already contains lidocaine, an anesthetic, which reduces injection pain
- The effects of Juvederm may last for up to 1 year
Juvederm Side Effects and Recovery
There is really no recovery time required for Juvederm treatment. Many patients come in during their work day and return to work once the injections have been completed. Side effects of Juvederm are rare, but can occur in some cases. These risks include bruising, swelling, bleeding, icthing, and discoloration.
Choosing an NYC Juvederm Plastic Surgeon
Thomas Romo III, MD, FACS is one of the most experienced and respected facial plastic surgeons in the world, known for his meticulous minimally invasive surgical techniques and for achieving the most natural-looking results for his patients. As a world-renowned innovator in surgical methods as well as an inventor of new endoscopic instruments for facial surgery, Dr. Romo’s practice draws patients from New York City, across the United States, and internationally for all of their surgical and non-surgical facial cosmetic needs.
Schedule a Consultation
If you are interested in learning more about Juvederm or other procedures Dr. Romo performs, call our office today at 212-288-1500. You can also schedule a consultation with Dr. Romo by filling out our appointment request form. You deserve to look and feel your best, so don’t hesitate to contact us today!