Facial procedures such as the neck lift are commonly requested by both men and women who are unhappy with the visible signs of aging. With the assistance of Dr. Thomas Romo III of New York, NY, these patients can address a variety of concerns that impact the chin, jaw, jowls, and neck with the neck lift. It is different from a facelift as it corrects imperfections underneath the face, but can make a dramatic improvement in one’s appearance.
What is the neck lift?
The neck lift is a specific facial plastic surgery in which the doctor will address the visible signs of aging in the jawline and neck area. It can address loose skin, muscle banding, and unwanted fat that can occur in this area to achieve a more youthful, smoother neck appearance. It may be performed on its own or in conjunction with other surgical procedures such as the facelift for dramatic, yet natural-looking, results.
What can be achieved with a neck lift?
The neck lift procedure can provide several advantages to a patient. They include:
- The removal of excess skin and fat in the lower face
- The reduction or removal of the jowls
- The tightening of the muscle bands that may be relaxed or loose in the neck area
- The smoothing of creases, wrinkles, and folds in the neck
- The rejuvenation of the neck and jawline that can last for many years
- The improvement of the natural, visible signs of aging around the jaw and neck area
- The reduction of a double chin, or “submental fullness”
Am I a candidate for the neck lift procedure?
Patients who are considering this or other facial surgeries to improve their appearance will first want to work with their doctor to determine if they are appropriate candidates. During this consultation appointment, the patient will be evaluate and assessed to decide if the neck lift procedure will solve the problems patients are interested in improving.
Looking to improve your appearance with a neck lift?
Connect with Dr. Thomas Romo III at Romo Plastic Surgery in New York, NY to discuss your options. The office is located at 135 East 74th Street, and an appointment can be made by calling (212) 288-1500.