Fine lines and wrinkles on the face are common signs of aging, whether they are welcome or not! Many adult men and women who are concerned about these imperfections on the face might feel that the only way to turn back the hands of time is with plastic surgery. Luckily, there are alternative options that patients can consider, including nonsurgical dermal fillers.
What is a dermal filler?
A dermal filler is best described by Dr. Thomas Romo III of Romo Plastic Surgery as a gel-like injectable that is used to fill deep lines and wrinkles to smooth the skin and restore a youthful appearance. Without plastic surgery procedures such as facelifts and browlifts, patients can achieve similar results when treating mild to moderately aged skin. Dermal fillers may include a wide range of different hyaluronic acid gels that add volume where needed and gradually absorb safely into the skin. The results of dermal fillers will last several months, though reinjection is needed to maintain the results and gradually slow the aging process.
Why choose dermal fillers?
There are numerous benefits to the use of dermal fillers. Dermal fillers:
- Allow patients to delay plastic surgery
- Provide months of improvement with the option to reinject
- Are safe and approved by the FDA for cosmetic enhancement
- Are affordable, and allow many patients the chance to obtain them within their budget
- Eliminates the risks of surgery such as scarring and infection
- Can address mild to moderate signs of aging
- Can be used alongside other cosmetic injections, such as Botox or Sculptra
- Ensure natural-looking results when administered by a trained professional
Schedule a visit today to learn more about dermal fillers
Dermal fillers continue to be a popular method of addressing aging skin for patients in and around the area of New York, NY. Dr. Thomas Romo III and his team work closely with adult men and women to assist them in turning back the hands of time. If you want to speak to our team about dermal fillers and other cosmetic injectables that can delay the need for plastic surgery, call Romo Plastic Surgery at (212) 288-1500 to request an appointment.