As you get older, aging can have an impact on your appearance and your facial expressions. Having an eyebrow lift can help reduce these effects and restore a more youthful appearance.
How do you know if it’s time for you to consider an eyebrow lift?
Getting an eyebrow lift is about more than making yourself appear younger. When the aging process affects your brow, you might appear tired or even angry due to having a heavier brow and sagging skin. When you have a brow lift done, it tightens up the skin on your forehead above the brow, resulting in a positive impact on your appearance and facial expressions. This procedure can also boost your self-confidence and draw more attention to your eyes. A heavier brow makes your eyes look sleepy or tired, but a brow lift can make them look more alert.
When to Know if You Should Get a Brow Lift
Is this the right time to consider a brow lift? You might look into having this type of procedure done if you have any of the following:
- Sagging skin in your forehead and brow region or a brow that appears lower or heavier, which leads to a tired, worried, or angry expression
- Extra skin that droops down over your eyes
- Severe creases that go across your forehead
If any of these conditions apply to you, an eyebrow lift might be a good option. Keep in mind that there are different kinds of procedures available, including endoscopic lifts, temporal or limited incision lifts and classic or coronal lifts.
What Happens During an Eyebrow Lift
What to expect during a brow lift depends on the type of procedure you’re having.
- An endoscopic lift is the least invasive, which involves making short incisions behind your hairline. Cosmetic surgeons then place a small camera and surgical instruments into these incisions to remove extra fat, lift tissue and reposition muscles in the area.
- A temporal or limited incision lift involves making incisions that are a bit longer over your temples and behind your hairline. Cosmetic surgeons then lift tissue and reposition muscles in the outer area of your brow to create a younger appearance.
- A classic or coronal lift involves making a long incision behind your hairline. This incision stretches from ear to ear, which allows cosmetic surgeons to remove extra fat and reposition your muscles and skin.
During the week after surgery, you will need to avoid strenuous activities, so that your brow has a chance to properly heal. Your cosmetic surgeon will provide you with detailed instructions on caring for your incisions throughout the healing process.
If you need more information on eyebrow lifts or if you want to know if you’re a good candidate for a brow lift NYC, please contact Romo Plastic Surgery today to book a consultation.