Am I a Candidate for a Rhinoplasty?
Your nose plays a major role in your appearance, and if you’re dissatisfied with it, it may be all you see when you look in the mirror. A rhinoplasty can give you the look you want while still preserving a natural appearance.
In this blog, Dr. Thomas Romo III of Romo Plastic Surgery provides more information to help you decide if you’re a good candidate for this type of procedure.
What is a rhinoplasty?
This procedure is frequently referred to as a “nose job,” and it can be performed for cosmetic. This procedure allows a facial plastic surgeon to reshape your nose to improve its proportions and make it look in harmony with the rest of your face
How has the procedure changed over the last two decades?
Rhinoplasties of the past often were performed purely as reduction surgeries, and the surgeon would cut away bone and cartilage. The patient’s skin would then “shrink wrap” to cover the smaller framework. Too much bone and cartilage were often removed, which led to less-than-desirable results. Noses were often too small, upturned, or pinched-looking.
Dr. Romo, a top rhinoplasty surgeon in NYC, developed a unique technique to prevent these problems. It’s called reduction structured rhinoplasty, and the procedure allows him to achieve natural-looking, defined aesthetically pleasing results.
What could make me a good candidate for rhinoplasty?
The following can help make you a good candidate for this procedure:
- Your facial growth is complete (since your nose changes as you age)
- Your overall health is good
- You don’t smoke (which can interfere with healing)
- You’ve been dissatisfied with the appearance of your nose for a long time and have a realistic understanding of what the surgery can accomplish
- You would like an improvement in appearance
What type of problems can it correct?
This procedure can correct the following specific problems:
- Nose isn’t in proportion with the rest of your face
- Nose width at nasal bridge or size and position of nostrils
- Bumps or depressions on the nasal bridge
- Nasal tip that’s enlarged, drooping, upturned, or hooked
- Nostrils that are too large, wide, or upturned, crooked
- Can have a significant impact on your self-image and self-confidence
If you’d like to find out more about whether you might be a good candidate for rhinoplasty, make an appointment today with Romo Plastic Surgery. Dr. Romo will make sure you understand what results you can expect and will help you make the best possible decision.