Endoscopic Facelift Surgery in NYC
What is a facelift?
A facelift, also known as a rhytidectomy, is a facial plastic surgery that can turn back the clock and transform a person’s life, but not all facelifts are the same. Many plastic surgeons still use the old fashioned approach, which simply pulls facial skin back and tightens it up, sometimes creating a distorted and windswept look. Furthermore, the results from this older approach only last a year or so, after which the skin begins to loosen back to where it was.
To prevent this, Dr. Thomas Romo III, top facelift surgeon in NYC, developed a unique facelift technique called the endoscopic composite facelift, honed over his many years of experience. This approach has numerous advantages over other facelift techniques, including more natural-looking and long-lasting results, smaller incisions, and a more rapid recovery after surgery.
What results can a facelift achieve?
A facelift can:
- Tighten and rejuvenate sagging facial skin
- Fix separation that may have developed between the lower eyelids and cheeks
- Get rid of deep creases along the nose that extend to the corners of the mouth (also known as nasolabial folds or laugh lines)
- Address facial fat that may have fallen or disappeared over time
- Eliminate jowls created from loss of skin tone in the lower face
- Address loose skin and excess fatty deposits under the chin and jaw
Am I a candidate for a facelift?
A facelift may be recommended for patients of both genders facing one or more of the following aesthetic concerns in the face:
- Loose or sagging skin that ages the face
- Visible signs of aging in the face
- Lax facial muscles
- Deep creases in the face
- Excess fat deposits
- A jaw line which lacks contour
Depending on a patient’s needs and desired results, Dr. Romo may also recommend a neck lift or an eyelid surgery called blepharoplasty in conjunction with a facelift to achieve the best and most natural-looking results.
What does a facelift involve?
Dr. Romo’s endoscopic facelift utilizes a sequence of surgical techniques that produce a natural, youthful and rejuvenated appearance with smaller incisions and less downtime.
Here’s an overview of what you can expect during a facelift:
- A facelift can take 2-3 hours, depending on the complexity
- When performed in conjunction with other procedures, such as a neck lift, the surgery time will vary
- You will be given an anesthetic so you will not feel any pain during the procedure
- After surgery, you may have some swelling, bruising and tenderness
- Recovery and potential downtime can range from 10‒14 days
- Incisions are small and placed strategically in order to conceal the minimal scarring
- When a facelift is performed in combination with a neck lift, incisions are typically made along the ear creases and into the hairline to conceal any minimal scarring
Why choose Dr. Romo for your facelift?
Dr. Romo is a pioneer in the field of facelifts with more than two decades of experience in performing this procedure. He is the innovator of the endoscopic composite facelift, a modern, minimally invasive approach that utilizes smaller incisions, providing natural-looking and longer lasting results and dramatically reduced healing time.
While refining his unique, minimally invasive endoscopic facelift technique, Dr. Romo worked with the world-renowned Karl Storz Instruments to develop his own line of endoscopic instruments that work with greater precision. These instruments are now globally distributed by Karl Storz and used by plastic surgeons around the world. Dr. Romo has written numerous books and book chapters on his unique facelift approach and frequently lectures internationally, teaching his techniques to other surgeons. Other physicians often refer complex facelift cases to Dr. Romo because of his renowned expertise and superior technical skills.
Where can I find the best facelift surgeon in New York City?
Thomas Romo III, MD, FACS is one of the most experienced and respected plastic surgeons for facelift in the world, known for his meticulous minimally invasive surgical techniques and for achieving natural-looking results with a shorter recovery period. Dr. Romo’s practice draws patients from New York City, across the United States, and internationally for all of their surgical and non-surgical facial cosmetic needs.
If you are interested in learning more about endoscopic facelift and other procedures Dr. Romo offers, call our office today at 212-288-1500. You can also schedule a consultation with Dr. Romo by filling out our appointment request form. You deserve to look and feel your best, so don’t hesitate to contact us today!