Sculptra Dermal Fillers in NYC
What is Sculptra?
Sculptra is an FDA-approved dermal filler and facial volume enhancer. It is used to restore plumpness and youthful contours to the face and smooth wrinkles with gradual results that are more subtle than other filler treatments. Depending on your needs, Dr. Romo will recommend the appropriate type and brand of dermal filler to address your age-related facial concerns.
Unlike other facial fillers, Sculptra’s main ingredient is poly-L-Lactic acid. Through a series of multiple treatments, it encourages the formation of new collagen in the injected areas, producing gradual and natural-looking results.
What results can Sculptra achieve?
Sculptra may be used to:
- Smooth wrinkles and signs of aging in the face with gradual, subtle results
- Fill in deep creases from the nose to the corners of the mouth (nasolabial folds)
- Add volume to sunken cheeks
Am I a candidate for Sculptra?
Sculptra may be recommended for patients of both genders facing one or more of the following aesthetic concerns:
- Overall loss of youthful contour and volume in the face
- Hollowed out places in the face
- Sagging or thin facial skin
- Deep nasolabial folds
- Wrinkles and signs of aging in the face
In some cases, Dr. Romo may recommend the use of Sculptra in conjunction with Botox, in order to provide more natural-looking and youthful results.
What does getting Sculptra involve?
If you are considering Sculptra, it’s important to understand that while it is not a surgical procedure, having dermal fillers done at a salon or other non-medical environment by someone who is not a board-certified professional is not advisable. You may be putting your health at risk. A top facial plastic surgeon will be able to provide the specialized technique and careful placement necessary in order to achieve the best and most natural-looking results.
Here’s an overview of what you can expect when getting Sculptra in NYC:
- Dermal fillers are injected through a small needle under the skin
- Sculptra injections may be performed with local anesthesia or a numbing cream
- Dr. Romo will first select the appropriate injection points and mark them
- Multiple treatments are required, but effects are gradual and more subtle and natural-looking
- Treatment consists of an average of 3 injections and lasts up to 2 years
- There is no downtime and you can resume your normal activities right away following treatment
Where can I find the best plastic surgeon for Sculptra in NYC?
Thomas Romo III, MD, FACS is one of the most experienced and respected facial plastic surgeons in the world, known for his meticulous minimally invasive surgical techniques and for achieving the most natural-looking results for his patients. As a world-renowned innovator in surgical methods as well as an inventor of new endoscopic instruments for facial surgery, Dr. Romo’s practice draws patients from New York City, across the United States, and internationally for all of their surgical and non-surgical facial cosmetic needs.
If you are interested in learning more about Sculptra or other procedures Dr. Romo performs, call our office today at 212-288-1500. You can also schedule a consultation with Dr. Romo by filling out our appointment request form. You deserve to look and feel your best, so don’t hesitate to contact us today!