Restylane & Juvederm Dermal Fillers in NYC
What are Restylane and Juvederm?
Restylane and Juvederm are FDA-approved dermal fillers that are used to help erase wrinkle lines and add fullness to specific areas of the face. Depending on your needs, Dr. Romo will recommend the appropriate type and brand of dermal filler to address your age-related facial concerns or desired facial changes.
What results can Restylane and Juvederm achieve?
Restylane and Juvederm may be used to:
- Noticeably smooth wrinkles and signs of aging in the face
- Fill in deep creases from the nose to the corners of the mouth (nasolabial folds)
- Plump up thin lips
Am I a candidate for Restylane or Juvederm?
Restylane or Juvederm injections may be recommended for patients of both genders facing one or more of the following aesthetic concerns:
- Overall loss of youthful contour and volume in the face
- Hollowed out places in the face
- Sagging facial skin
- Deep nasolabial folds
- Wrinkles and signs of aging in the face
- Thin lips
In some cases, Dr. Romo may recommend the use of a dermal filler like Restylane or Juvederm in conjunction with Botox, in order to provide more natural-looking and youthful results.
What’s the difference between Restylane and Juvederm?
Different dermal fillers, even those made by the same company, have different uses and the most appropriate option for your needs is something Dr. Romo will be able to determine at your initial consultation.
- Its main ingredient is hyaluronic acid, which is naturally occurring in the body
- There are several products in the Restylane line, including Perlane
- Dr. Romo will be able to determine the best Restylane product for your needs, depending on your desired results
- Only Restylane, Restylane Silk, and Restylane-L may also be used for the lips
- Without repeat injections, Restylane and Restylane Silk last up to 6 months
- Its main ingredient is modified hyaluronic acid
- There are several products in the Juvederm line, including Voluma
- Dr. Romo will be able to determine the best Juvederm product for your needs, depending on your desired results
- Juvederm already contains lidocaine, an anesthetic, which reduces injection pain
- The effects of Juvederm may last for up to 1 year
What does getting Restylane or Juvederm involve?
If you are considering Restylane or Juvederm, it’s important to understand that while it is not a surgical procedure, having dermal fillers done at a salon or other non-medical environment by someone who is not a board-certified professional is not advisable. You may be putting your health at risk. A top facial plastic surgeon will be able to provide the specialized technique and careful placement necessary in order to achieve the best and most natural-looking results.
Here’s an overview of what you can expect when getting Restylane or Juvederm in NYC:
- Dermal fillers are injected through a small needle under the skin
- Restylane injections may be performed with local anesthesia or a numbing cream
- Juvederm injections contain anesthetic for patient comfort
- Dr. Romo will first select the appropriate injection points and mark them
- Results are immediate
- There is no downtime and you can resume your normal activities right away
- Both these products are in-office procedures that take the time of a regular visit to perform
- Results may last from 6 months to 1 year, depending on the product
- Dermal fillers provide results with high patent satisfaction
Where can I find the best plastic surgeon for Restylane and Juvederm in NYC?
Thomas Romo III, MD, FACS is one of the most experienced and respected facial plastic surgeons in the world, known for his meticulous minimally invasive surgical techniques and for achieving the most natural-looking results for his patients. As a world-renowned innovator in surgical methods as well as an inventor of new endoscopic instruments for facial surgery, Dr. Romo’s practice draws patients from New York City, across the United States, and internationally for all of their surgical and non-surgical facial cosmetic needs.
If you are interested in learning more about Restylane, Juvederm or other procedures Dr. Romo performs, call our office today at 212-288-1500. You can also schedule a consultation with Dr. Romo by filling out our appointment request form. You deserve to look and feel your best, so don’t hesitate to contact us today!