Radiesse & Voluma Dermal Fillers in NYC
What are Radiesse and Voluma?
Radiesse and Voluma are FDA-approved dermal fillers that are used for smoothing wrinkles and plumping up areas of the face that have lost volume with age. These two products have different chemical compositions and therefore may be recommended by Dr. Romo for slightly different types of age-related facial issues.
What results can Radiesse and Voluma achieve?
Radiesse and Voluma may be used to:
- Noticeably smooth wrinkles and signs of aging in the face
- Fill in deep creases from the nose to the corners of the mouth (nasolabial folds)
- Add volume to sunken cheeks
Am I a candidate for Radiesse or Voluma?
Radiesse or Voluma may be recommended for patients of both genders facing one or more of the following aesthetic concerns:
- Overall loss of youthful contour and volume in the face
- Hollowed out places in the face
- Sagging facial skin
- Deep nasolabial folds
- Wrinkles and signs of aging in the face
In some cases, Dr. Romo may recommend the use of a dermal filler like Radiesse or Voluma in conjunction with Botox, in order to provide more natural-looking and youthful results.
What’s the difference between Radiesse and Voluma?
Different dermal fillers, even those made by the same company, have different uses and the most appropriate option for your needs is something Dr. Romo will be able to determine at your initial consultation.
- Its main ingredient is calcium hydroxylapatite, which stimulates the body’s production of new collagen
- Although it is used to stimulate collagen, Radiesse is not indicated for use in the lips
- Radiesse is designed for long-lasting results, reducing the need for a touch up
- The gel and calcium-based microspheres add volume to the injected area
- Radiesse was designed to be used safely with an anesthetic, so injections are painless
- Results are clinically proven to last a year or more
- Its main ingredient is hyaluronic acid, which is naturally occurring in the body
- Voluma is primarily used for adding volume and contour to the cheeks
- Voluma is made by Juvederm, which produces many dermal fillers
- The effects of Voluma XC will last about 2 years
- Voluma XC already contains lidocaine, an anesthetic, to reduce injection pain
What does getting Radiesse or Voluma involve?
If you are considering Radiesse or Voluma, it’s important to understand that while it is not a surgical procedure, having dermal fillers done at a salon or other non-medical environment by someone who is not a board-certified professional is not advisable. You may be putting your health at risk. A top facial plastic surgeon will be able to provide the specialized technique and careful placement necessary in order to achieve the best and most natural-looking results.
Here’s an overview of what you can expect when getting Radiesse or Voluma in NYC:
- Dermal fillers are injected through a small needle under the skin
- Radiesse injections may be performed with local anesthesia or a numbing cream
- Voluma XC injections contain anesthetic for patient comfort
- Dr. Romo will first select the appropriate injection points and mark them
- Results are immediate
- There is no downtime and you can resume your normal activities right away
- Both these products are in-office procedures that take the time of a regular visit to perform
- Results are relatively long-lasting (1‒2 years in many patients)
- Dermal fillers provide results with high patent satisfaction
Where can I find the best plastic surgeon for Radiesse and Voluma in NYC?
Thomas Romo III, MD, FACS is one of the most experienced and respected facial plastic surgeons in the world, known for his meticulous minimally invasive surgical techniques and for achieving the most natural-looking results for his patients. As a world-renowned innovator in surgical methods as well as an inventor of new endoscopic instruments for facial surgery, Dr. Romo’s practice draws patients from New York City, across the United States, and internationally for all of their surgical and non-surgical facial cosmetic needs.
If you are interested in learning more about Radiesse, Voluma or other procedures Dr. Romo performs, call our office today at 212-288-1500. You can also schedule a consultation with Dr. Romo by filling out our appointment request form. You deserve to look and feel your best, so don’t hesitate to contact us today!